Application hardening is a process of taking a finished application and making it more difficult to reverse engineer and tamper.
Shields apps from reverse engineering, tampering, data exfiltration, and API exploits at the application endpoint. Detects and counters threats in real time to protect businesses from brand damage, financial loss, intellectual property theft, data loss and resulting government penalties.
By 2022, at least 50% of successful attacks against clickjacking and mobile apps could have been prevented using in-app protection.
Market Guide for In-App Protection
Protecting Apps from the Inside Out
Comprehensive Code-Level Security
- Obfuscates source code, inserts honeypots and implements other deceptive code patterns to deter and confuse threat actors
- Triggers defensive measures automatically if suspicious activity is detected, including app shutdown, user sandbox, or code self-repair
- Injects essential app code protections and threat detection sensors into CI/CD cycle after code development, without disrupting the DevOps process
Key and Data Protection
- Encrypts static or dynamic keys and data embedded or contained within app code
- Protects sensitive data at rest within an app or in transit between the app and server
- Supports all major cryptographic algorithms and modes with FIPS 140-2 certification
Real-Time Threat Data
- Notifies organizations of app reputation, real-time attacks, and provides the ability to suspend accounts or step up transaction or access authentication
- Insights help optimize and adapt protection based on attack insights and trends including how, when, where and by whom the app is targeted
- Delivers threat data feeds end-to-end, making threat data accessible via a browser or easy integration with existing SIEM, BI and fraud prevention platforms
Arxan Application Protection Stops
- Reverse engineering, debugging and code tampering
- Encryption key discovery and API manipulation
- Financial fraud or credential, data and IP theft
- Malware insertion, spoofing and data exfiltration
- Cheating or piracy of games, apps or digital content
Arxan Application Security
Comprehensive and designed to deliver real, sustained value
The Importance of App Security
Any application not properly protected whether for mobile, desktop, or web is at risk of being exploited by bad actors. Unprotected app vulnerabilities are impacting organizations across industries and around the world. Arxan commissioned research by Aite Group to assess just how widespread app vulnerabilities are.
It took an average of only 8.5 minutes to crack the apps analyzed in the study, underlying the importance of protecting applications.
The following was observed-all of which can be prevented or drastically minimized with proper app security measures in place: