Sep 10, 2014
Apperian Reacts to Apple's iPhone 6, iOS8, Apple Pay, and Apple Watch
As anticipated, Apple made some big announcements on September 9, 2014, including their first wearable, the Apple Watch, and their foray into mobile payments, Apple Pay.
- iPhone 6 & 6 Plus are thinner, faster, and larger versions of the iPhone. Users now have the choice of two screen sizes.
- Apple Pay will allow iPhone 6 users the capability to pay with their credit cards via NFC with over 220,000 participating retailers. Major credit cards and banks are already participating with more coming soon.
- Health monitoring with a dashboard built into iOS8.
- Apple Watch (as with Apple Pay, they are breaking their "i" naming convention) coming in early 2015 was revealed to be a quite fashionable foray into wearables.
- Touch ID
- Pier to pier file transfer/airdrop
- Extensions – “global content filter” plugin – Web proxy filter
- Continuity experience – being able to read an email or web page from an iPhone and have it open when you get to your desktop