Jun 25, 2014
Building the App is Just Not Enough
Enterprise use of mobile apps has experienced explosive growth, changing not only the face of mobility, but in the process transforming business itself. According to Aberdeen Group research, most organizations are developing enterprise mobile apps as part of a core business strategy – to remain competitive and streamline inefficient business processes. Those that adopted mobile apps early are reaping quantifiable business advantage over those that haven’t. They’ve learned that a successful mobile app strategy begins with app development, but doesn’t end there. So when your first in-house app is done, are you done? Or are you just beginning?
- How many of your potential users know about the app?
- You probably don’t want your enterprise apps in iTunes or Google Play, so how will you distribute them?
- How should you ‘market’ the app internally to drive adoption?
- How many copies of your apps have been downloaded?
- How often are the downloaded apps used?
- Are the apps being used by the intended people and groups?
- What’s the impact of the app usage on your organization?
- Are apps being used in compliance with company policy?