The Federal Mobile App Lifecycle – Security, Management, and Productivity
How can an app-centric approach to enterprise mobility management help federal agencies with these challenges? With the right mobile app agencies can foster a conversation of collaboration between each other. And the way to ensure productivity is to provide best-in-class mobile solutions and frameworks that incorporate mobile app security protocols to lessen the complexity of sharing and distributing federal mobile apps and data. Federal agencies can accomplish these goals by taking what we call the application lifecycle approach to mobile app management. The following diagram illustrates how the app lifecycle works from start to finish. The app management lifecycle is more than a process for getting apps from development to users. This approach helps eliminate the four major challenges in mobile app management for federal agencies:
- Protecting and securing data.
- Reducing complexity (especially in BYOD environments).
- Driving the highest levels of productivity between agencies.
- Scaling instantly regardless of the number of users.
Taking an application lifecycle approach to mobility can help federal agencies deploy mission critical data and apps to mobile workers between agencies in a highly secure and efficient manner. As federal agencies begin developing mobile applications that bridge the digital divide, empower the government to become more insight driven, and improve productivity, an easy to use and reliable mobile management platform to orchestrate the app lifecycle is imperative. Best-in-class application management solutions are the way that federal agencies can accomplish their innovative mobile goals of today.
- To read more, download the full white paper, "Creating A Secure Mobile Application Governance Strategy," here.
- If you're in the Washington DC area on Thursday, May 22nd, register now to attend an interactive discussion with Apperian and AT&T about building a scalable mobile governance strategy with secure application management. For more details, click here.