Jul 22, 2016
Mobility News Briefing - July 22
It's hard to keep up with every news story, interesting article, and blog post. Catch us every Friday for a roundup of the stories we think you want to know about each week. Subscribe to make sure you don't miss an update!
Pokemon GO: the need to know stats and impact on companies worldwide...The story? It's probably safe to say if you haven't heard about Pokemon GO yet, you've been living under a rock. The augmented reality gaming app was first released in North America and Australia on July 6th, 2016 and has been breaking records ever since. The buzz is nowhere near over either, it's notable that the game was released in Japan just today, one of the top 3 mobile gaming markets.
- +30M downloads to date - generated $35M in revenue
- Fastest mobile gaming app to reach 10M downloads - 7 days
- Top-grossing app in the entire iOS and Android app market - daily spend in the US around $1.6M
- Longest daily app usage - passing Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram
- Just under 6 billion mentions on Twitter in 1 week - talk about the game spiked from 0 to >1,250,000 in 1 day