It's hard to keep up with every news story, interesting article, and blog post.
Catch us every Friday for a roundup of the stories we think you want to know about each week. Subscribe
to make sure you don't miss an update!
Yesterday, Jesus Rodriguez of CIO.com made a solid case for why the Amazon Echo will be a "winner in the enterprise". The Echo has made quite an impressive wave in the consumer market and Rodriguez says its platform capabilities and ecosystem make it an ideal fit for the enterprise.
3 Key capabilities of the Amazon Echo
- Alexa Skills Kit SDK - the key to being extensible enough so developers can design their own voice commands to adapt to various business scenarios and the differentiator between the Echo and other conversational interface solutions.
- Alexa Voice Service - the key connector between Echo's conversational interface capabilities and an ever growing ecosystem of devices that are incorporating voice processing into their products.
- Amazon Web Services - the key integration to allow developers to extend Echo's capabilities into data analytics, messaging and storage.
Industries that could leverage Amazon Echo
- Public Safety & Defense - police officers, firefighters, soldiers and other public safety workers who often work in extreme conditions can get real-time information via a hands free model
- Healthcare - patients, surgeons and medical personnel can receive immediate information via voice commands
- Education - students can ask question and utilize their communication skills in the classroom and laboratory
Amazon Echo enterprise ready?
Rodriguez concludes his article explaining that capabilities around security and access control are still necessary for platforms to be used in enterprise settings but, Amazon has done a great job prepping the Echo to be enterprise ready.