Mobile Application Management Emerges as Optimal Way to Reach Workforce with Critical Apps as Businesses Grapple with BYOD and Unmanaged Device Environments
BOSTON – February 11, 2015 – Apperian
® Inc., the mobile application management (MAM®) company, closed 2014 with record growth as CIOs and line-of-business leaders increasingly look to manage, secure and distribute critical enterprise apps to workers in BYOD and unmanaged device environments. As analyst firm 451 Research
recently stated, “mobile application management is taking center stage for managing mobility.” Apperian’s growth has been driven by this trend, as businesses realize incumbent Enterprise Mobility Management vendors’ device-centric approaches are unable to reach an increasingly large part of the global workforce – the extended enterprise, which includes BYOD, contractors, franchisees and field workers, as well as dealers and partners.
Apperian’s platform is being selected by customers to help them achieve one or more common goals:
- Reach 100 percent of an organization’s “extended enterprise” by securely deploying apps to mobile devices that cannot be managed with mobile device management (MDM) technology;
- Deploy mobile applications in companies that have multiple MDM instances, as Apperian is MDM-agnostic and able to operate above the device-management layer; and
- Simplify and automate mobile app lifecycle management of business critical mobile apps in organizations both large and small.
Demand for and adoption of Apperian’s enterprise app store and MAM platform has resulted in the following milestones:
- Securing and delivering over 1.5 million enterprise app downloads
- More than doubling new bookings year-over-year
- Increasing its new business pipeline by over 300 percent year-over-year
- Deploying large-scale implementations including a major auto manufacturer, a privately-held major agricultural and industrial company, a staffing firm, several major financial institutions, multiple educational institutions and healthcare companies
- Growing its leadership team with the promotion of Brian Day to CEO and Rob Friedman, an original architect of the Apperian platform, as the new SVP of Engineering
“The ability to securely deliver enterprise apps to a previously unreachable but critical employee segment – devices not owned or controlled by the enterprise – represents an unprecedented opportunity for productivity gains,” said Chris Hazelton, Research Director, Enterprise Mobility at 451 Research. “We expect continued and significant growth in the adoption of mobile app management (MAM), independent of whether companies have invested in MDM. We see MAM as the most scalable tool for supporting mobile workers inside and outside an enterprise.”
"We've been amazed by how quickly we were able to get a new mobile app securely distributed to and adopted by our employees," said Cheryl Van, Senior Director, Learning and Development, RMS. "The response has been incredibly positive. Employees at every level of the company are benefiting from accessibility to information and the success has sparked new, ground-up ideas for apps and ways that mobility can help us better serve our end customers. This innovation in and support for mobility is helping us find new efficiencies for our business.”
“As the volume and complexity of enterprise mobile apps increases and user bases broaden, there is a transformation of variables around an organization’s app portfolio that must be managed,” said Brian Day, President and CEO of Apperian. “Basic app distribution features from the device-centric vendors are ill-suited for anything beyond a small deployment of a relatively simplistic app. It’s becoming more and more clear to businesses that MAM is the best way to support that and we are in a better position than any other vendor to help enterprises reach 100 percent of intended users and achieve their mobility objectives.”
To learn more about Apperian’s Enterprise App Store and Mobile Application Management platform, please visit www.apperian.com
Apperian is the leading enterprise-class mobile application management and app store platform for the secure delivery of critical apps to 100% of users across an organization. Apperian provides fine-grained security and dynamic policy controls at the individual app level for deployments where mobile device management approaches are not possible or desired, such as BYOD, contract workers and other unmanaged devices.
Apperian's easy to use interface offers a private, branded consumer-like enterprise app store that greatly increases mobile app adoption and a comprehensive app management back-end for administrators to easily protect and manage their business apps and data. The company has helped IT and line of business professionals secure and deliver more than 1.5 million enterprise apps to organizations such as Maxim Integrated Products, NVIDIA, Nationwide, New Balance, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Apperian is headquartered in Boston with teams throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia. For more information please visit http://bit.ly/ApperianLearnMore
or follow the company on Twitter at @Apperian
and LinkedIn at Apperian, Inc