Apperian to Co-Sponsor AT&T Mobile Application Development “Hackathon” to Create Mobile Apps for Emergency Preparedness and Public Safety
Apperian, Google, McAfee, and the Department of Homeland Security Among Event SponsorsBOSTON – April 29, 2014 – Apperian®, Inc., the leading platform for securing and managing enterprise mobile apps, announced today the company will be co-sponsoring AT&T’s Public Safety Solutions and Emergency Preparedness Mobile Application Development “Hackathon.” The hackathon will educate the mobile application developers on the needs and concerns of the public safety community and will provide the tools and resources necessary to develop public safety mobile apps. Together, industry experts, public safety representatives, and the developer community will encourage application development, resulting in solutions that will benefit the safety, protection, and service of our communities. “The creation and adoption of mobile apps across public safety departments can be crucial in a time of need,” says Harvey Morrison, vice president of public sector sales at Apperian. “This hackathon is a step in the right direction for increasing adoption and extending mobility use-cases in a sector such as this one, where mobility’s potential hasn’t been recognized and can bring tremendous value.” At the event, Apperian will be powering the app store that developers will use to distribute the mobile applications. In addition, Apperian’s crowd-sourcing and app rating capabilities will be used to help determine the “top apps” created by developers. About the Event:
- What: AT&T’s Public Safety Solutions and Emergency Preparedness Mobile Application Development “Hackathon”
- When: Friday, May 2, 2014 6:00 p.m. – Saturday, May 3, 2014 10:00 p.m.
- Where: 1776 “The Penthouse” 1133 15th Street Washington, DC 20005
- Who: Apperian, Google, McAfee and the Department of Homeland Security will be co-sponsoring this event. 150-200 attendees including mobile application developers, mobile security experts, public safety and first responders, government and mobile industry experts.
- To register for the event, visit: http://bit.ly/R9tHyX
- For more information on Apperian, visit: www.apperian.com