Arxan Application Protection for IBM Solutions Showcased at IBM InterConnect 2015
Think Like a Hacker Series and Capture the Flag Event Also Being Held at Premier Cloud and Mobile Conference
Bethesda, MD, February 23, 2015 -- Arxan Technologies, the leading provider of application protection solutions, will present at IBM InterConnect 2015, the premier cloud and mobile conference where the latest trends and techniques related to mobile DevOps, security and the business of cloud will be explored.
Taking place February 22-26 at the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, the conference will be the largest gathering of business and IT leaders that embody the full life cycle of IT assets and infrastructure from development to architecture to operations. Arxan Technologies will network and interact with its peers and other IBM business partners, presenting two sessions and an exhibit of Arxan Application Protection for IBM Solutions at Booth #910, as well as a Capture the Flag event.
Calendar of Events:
Think Like a Hacker Series: Exploiting Mobile Apps and How to Mitigate these Risks (Session 6046A)
- When: Monday, February 23, 3:15pm – 4:15pm PT
- Where: MGM Grand, Conference Center Room 320
- What: The first step in learning how to protect and defend your applications from hackers is to think like one. During this Hands-on Workshop session, you will learn just how easy it is for hackers to leverage widely available third-party tools to completely disable and compromise mobile apps. This can lead to unauthorized access to source code, tampering of apps to enable advanced malware attacks, stealing of sensitive data or intellectual property, conducting fraud, etc.
Think Like a Hacker Series: Common Techniques Used to Exploit Mobile Apps and How to Mitigate Them (Session: 5600A)
- When: Tuesday, February 24, 11:00am – 12:00pm PT
- Where: Mandalay Bay, Lagoon D
- What: In this 60-minute Breakout Session within the Application and Data Security Strategies track, Arxan will explain how developers can stop hackers from compromising mobile apps. Learn about the evolutions in the mobile threat landscape, view a live demonstration of various reverse-engineering and tampering attacks, and learn how to mitigate risk and implement new approaches to mobile app security.
Live Demonstrations at Arxan Booth #910 When/Where: EXPO booth hours and floor plan map at: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/us/en/interconnect/expo/exhibitors/
- What: Arxan Director of Software Engineering Joe Abbey and Technical Director Jonathan Carter will provide live demos at booth #910 of what happens when you to try to tamper a protected app. On display will be a protected version of the popular Flappy Bird® app implemented in HTML5 using IBM MobileFirst®, for attendees to play at the booth to compete for a high score while observing real-time what tampering entails and the significance of app protection. Viewers will also be able to request a mobile banking app hacking demo that illustrates more serious consequences to the financial services sector. Their understanding will be further expanded with Arxan reference material available at the booth, including Arxan’s Application Protection Handbook, white paper on Arxan Application Protection for IBM Solutions and State of App Security 2014 report.
Capture the Flag (CTF)
- When: CTF operations will begin at the start of InterConnect (Sunday, February 22, at 6:30pm PT) and end Thursday morning, February 26
- How: Register at http://www.arxan.com/ctf/
- What: Arxan has organized a Capture the Flag event running through the duration of InterConnect for players to tackle a series of challenges or questions of varying degrees of difficulty, where they go off, investigate and come back with an answer (i.e. a flag). At the end of the competition, the top three players with the highest scores win first, second, and third place prizes ($125, $50, and $25 e-gift certificate to ThinkGeek). All participants are entered into a raffle to receive a $75 e-gift certificate to ThinkGeek. Winners will be announced via IBM social media channels. The goal of CTF is to:
- Bring awareness to the vulnerabilities of unprotected mobile apps,
- Test participants’ knowledge on the latest and most advanced application hacking techniques happening in the market today,
- Educate participants on best practices and leading protection techniques that can mitigate the success of “black hats,” and,
- Of course, for participants to have fun!
About Arxan Technologies Arxan provides the world’s strongest application protection solutions. Our unique patented guarding technology 1) Defends applications against attacks, 2) Detects at run-time when an attack is being attempted, and 3) Responds to detected attacks to stop them, alert, or repair. Arxan offers solutions for software running on mobile devices, desktops, servers, and embedded platforms – including those connected as part of the Internet of Things (IoT) – and is currently protecting applications running on more than 300 million devices across a range of industries, including: financial services, high tech/independent software vendors (ISVs), manufacturing, healthcare, digital media, gaming, and others. The company's headquarters and engineering operations are based in the United States with global offices in EMEA and APAC.