Epicenter – The World’s First Social Corporate Directory App Launched Today
New mobile app powered by Apperian improves employee collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) February 27, 2012 - Apperian (www.apperian.com) today announced EpicenterTM, the first social corporate directory app designed for the new mobile workforce. Epicenter, which works with the EASE Platform but is available for purchase and works separately, addresses the growing problem of keeping mobile workers connected, by improving employee communication, interaction and knowledge sharing. Built for the Apple iPad, Epicenter puts a human face on business and makes it easy to find and connect with coworkers. Epicenter represents the mobile world equivalent of the water cooler – all the information you need to know about the people at your company can be found there. Epicenter transforms the standard corporate directory into a social corporate graph highlighting information such as workers’ bios, experience and expertise. The product features LinkedIn integration and personalized profiles that give people the opportunity to discover each other’s talents. With advanced faceted search features, finding and connecting with a colleague has never been easier. “As businesses embrace mobility, it becomes more and more challenging to locate and coordinate the key people within a company. Epicenter solves this problem,” said Reinhard Schumak, Director of Product Management. “Epicenter is a beautiful and intuitive App that leverages the capabilities of the iPad to enable co- workers to visually navigate the organization, not just the org chart. We expect Epicenter to become one of the key mobile apps in business,” said Alan Murray, Senior VP, Products. Epicenter makes it easy for workers to “find, connect and do”: FIND
- Navigate the organization through formal connections such as report-to and teams, as well as informal connections such as “find similar”
- Find anyone with a particular skill, experience or location with an easy-to-use, faceted search
- Identify colleagues who are online and near you, even if they are just down the hall
- Learn about co-workers through rich, personalized user profiles that include photos, professional expertise, and educational background
- Share and view real-time status updates across the organization
- Use built-in tools for the iPad, such as email, iMessage and FaceTime, to coordinate, find and communicate with coworkers.
- Create and disband cross-functional teams and groups on the fly. Keep them only as long as you need them.
ABOUT APPERIAN Apperian, Inc. is a mobile application management (MAM) company. The Apperian EASE platform delivers enterprise mobility services that today enable many of the world's largest corporations to securely deploy and manage mobile apps for iOS, Android and Blackberry. Apperian is empowering the liberated enterprise to support the BYOD revolution. Apperian Blog: http://blog.apperian.com Website: www.apperian.com Twitter: @apperian For more information: Inese Pumpure email@example.com (800) 862-0511 or (617) 851-1464 Apperian, Epicenter, EASE and Mobility Transformed are trademarks of Apperian, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.